Authors wishing to have full papers corresponding to their presentations considered for publication in the Proceedings of the Congress should submit their manuscripts before or on 18 July 2014 to the Editorial Office for ICA14 Proceedings.
Preparing a manuscript for ICA14 Proceedings
Instruction for Authors
1. Authors wishing to have full papers corresponding to their presentations considered for publication in the Proceedings of the Congress should submit their manuscripts before or on 18 July 2014 to the Editorial Office for ICA14 Proceedings (see below).
2. Proceedings of the 14th International Congress of Acarology will be published as a special issue of The Journal of the Acarological Society of Japan.
3. Manuscripts of original research papers, technical notes and reviews are accepted for consideration. No manuscript that has been published elsewhere will be accepted for publication. Technical notes describe a new technique or rearing method, or substantial improvements of existing methods. Two or more articles by the same author may be published in the issue.
4. Each manuscript is critically reviewed by two anonymous scientists. Two proceeding editors decide on the acceptability of the manuscript after taking the reviewer’s advice into consideration. When revision of a manuscript is requested, the revised manuscript should be returned within five weeks after notification. Otherwise, the manuscript will be processed as being withdrawn from submission.
5. The manuscript should be submitted as attached files (Word, JPG (≥600dpi) and/or Excel) to the Editorial Office by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). The ‘Subject’ should be written as ‘ICA14 ms with corresponding author’s name’. After submission, the editorial office will reply to the corresponding author with confirmation of receiving a manuscript within 48 hours. If the corresponding author does not receive a reply, please contact T. Gotoh by e-mail “email@example.com”. Manuscripts can also be submitted ON-SITE saved on a CD will all documents as Word, JPG (≥600 dpi) and/or Excel files.
Please note that the proceeding e-mail address below will automatically close at 24:00 Japanese Standard Time (JST) on 18 July 2014.
Editorial Office for ICA 14 Proceedings: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Authors will receive proofs for correction after their contributions are formatted. Subsequent proofs will be sent at the discretion of the editors. Authors should note that proof corrections must be marked clearly and kept to a minimum. In case of multiple authors, the proof will be sent to the corresponding author unless otherwise indicated.
7. Any funds provided for the study should be cited as a footnote on the first page of the manuscript.
8. All contributions published in this Journal are protected by copyright that covers the exclusive rights to reproduce and distribute the article. No material published in this journal may be reproduced without written permission from the journal editors.